A Kentucky woman was hospitalized after she picked up a dollar bill she suspected was laced with fentanyl on Sunday.
“My body went completely numb, I could barely talk and I could barely breathe. I was fighting to stay awake,” Renne Parson wrote on Facebook.
Parson says she was driving with her husband, Justin, and children through Nashville, Tennessee, when the family stopped at a local McDonald’s to use the restroom.
Renne was holding her three-month-old baby while waiting to use the restroom when she spotted a dollar bill on the ground.
‘Thinking nothing of it – I picked it up,’ Renne wrote.
‘All of a sudden I felt it start in my shoulders and the feeling was quickly going down my body and it would not stop,’ she explained.
Renne grabbed her husband’s arm when her body suddenly went numb.
She added, ‘I could barely talk and I could barely breathe. I was fighting to stay awake as Justin was screaming at me to stay awake and trying to talk to 911 and find the closest Fire Station or Hospital. I passed out before we arrived at the hospital, but thankfully they worked almost as quickly as my husband did to get me there’.
Justin recalled the incident to WKRN News 2 saying, ‘She looked like she was dying. She certainly was unconscious and very pale.’